180 Turnaround

One woman's journey to make a 180-degree / 180 pound turn around in her weight.

6/09/2007

ONDERLAND! 6/9/07 - 198.4

OK-- I don't have an immediate picture to post along with this milestone, but take my word for it-- I still look pretty much like I did in the last two posts (which were taken in the past TWO WEEKS, lol).
What I did want to say, while I'm still "basking in the glow" of this latest milestone, is that I am grateful-- so very, very grateful to so many wonderful people in my life who are helping me make this dream a reality.
Chris & Melonie - Not only are these two women some of my dearest friends ever, but they both have joined WW during the last year-- they say I inspired them!! The same can also be said of them-- they are already beautiful women, inside and out, and I am blessed to call them friends. They're so supportive-- one was sitting on either side of me today at my WW meeting when I got to share my story.
My family - My mother has struggled with her weight her entire life & knows that I am sweating for every single ounce I lose. My grandmother (Mom's mom) is a tiny little thing who hasn't ever had weight issues, but I know she loves me unconditionally & supports me in all things. They both want my health & happiness at the end of the day, and that's what matters.
Kathi (my WW leader) - She's who I want to be when I grow up! Allright, I don't so much want to BE a WW leader... What I want is to help others through their weight loss journey in any way I can. Kathi has lost 87 pounds & maintained it for 5 years, and one of my fondest hopes is to find the same kind of joy in this new lifestyle that she exhibits. Thank you Kathi!
And to all of the other wonderful, supportive people in my life who help rally me when I struggle, help celebrate my successes, and in general help me keep moving forward (the folks at my WW meeting, co-workers, family & friends). I can't say enough, how blessed I am to have these wonderful people cheering me on...
Its difficult to believe I have only eighteen more pounds to my personal goal (180), and 38 to my WW goal. AMAZING :-D

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura I saw your comment on my post from yesterday this morning and I just wanted to say hi and OMG woman you look incredible and have done such an amazing job of losing weight and gaining strength! You must feel so empowered and wonderful! Your inspiration stops me dead in my tracks and awes me beyond words! Keep taking superb care of yourself doll! Hugs Always, Heather

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! How did I miss these lovely compliments? Right back at you!

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home